Breathe Together offers Jennifer Prugh’s 200 hour and 300 hour JOY of yoga program, giving you the unique opportunity to work with internationally recognized yoga teachers, highly regarded medical professionals, scholars of yoga philosophy and Sanskrit, Ayurvedic practitioners and Breathe’s own highly respected yoga teachers, who are recognized for specializing in particular aspects of the practice. The JOY program represents both Western medical approaches and alternative methods to healthcare, providing great knowledge and insight into both the workings of the human body and the nature of the mind. This program balances an understanding of the roots of yoga with innovative applications of yoga and mindfulness in the modern world. Since the creation of the JOY of Yoga Teacher Training in 2006, this program has been offered locally, nationally and internationally.
We offer unprecedented opportunities to collaborate with other serious yoga students around the world by “returning to yoga’s roots” and studying in a variety of locations where yoga originated, such as India, Nepal and Bali. After 200 hours of training are complete, we offer an apprenticeship program, while our 300 hour program provides teaching opportunities at Breathe Los Gatos. Both the 200 and 300 hour programs are registered through Yoga Alliance.
The JOY program was founded on these principles:
- Yoga is an eight-limbed practice of asana, breath, the process of meditation, ethics and philosophy. Our mat is our laboratory and with practice, yoga is something we choose to “be” rather than something we “do.” With regular practice, everyone can transform their health and cultivate a steady sense of JOY.
- Yoga is for everyone. As you learn to teach, you will learn how to meet people where they are and create an effective, complete and inclusive yogic experience.
- When you leave the 200 hour training you will be equipped to teach professionally. When you leave the 300 hour training, you will have a specialization in a more specific expertise that comes out of your passion for a particular aspect of this practice. You do not need to know your area of specialization when entering the program. We will discover it along the way.
- Yoga is a both a science and an art. It is a mental, physical, emotional and spiritual practice. In the Western world, being a yoga teacher also requires the practice of business. You will leave the program feeling empowered and prepared in all of these areas.
- Yoga changes lives. The JOY of Yoga 200 and 300 hour program is a transformational program. You will leave this program equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to enable those around you to live mindful, healthier lives.