- Did you know that Hatha Yoga and Kung-Fu share a common ancestry and that Zen and the Yoga Sutras are related?
- Did you know that the more popular text for today’s yoga isn’t about asanas at all?
- How ancient are these practices, who started them, what are they, and how did they get here?
The answers are not as simple as you think…
Much of what is taught as yoga today has been made up within the last few years, but it does draw from a much older tradition. If you practice or teach any version of yoga, it is crucial that you understand the actual origins & developments of these traditions (not just the well-marketed narratives). Otherwise it is impossible to effectively translate these ancient methods into our modern world – to know when to adapt them and when to stick with tradition.
In Footsteps on the Path, we will walk you through the wonderland of yoga: From ancient shamans to tantric revolutions to sex and martial arts in the Chinese, Indian, and Tibetan yogas. From mystical to modern, let us give you the tools to find & walk your own path in the yoga universe.
Friday, June 30 | 6:00 – 9:00pm
Saturday, July 1 | 12:30 – 9:00pm (meal is included)
Sunday, July 2 | 1:00 – 5:00pm
- $295 (Regular)
- $270 (Member / Early-bird through June 1)
- $238 (JOY students — please sign up with the front desk)
(Please sign up with the front desk)
- $177 (Regular)
- $162 (Members)
Yoga Alliance Breakdown
- Philosophy, Lifestyle, Ethics: 15.5 hours
We apologize, but we do not offer refunds on workshops.Sign Up Online