The initial module of Flight School will introduce you to the basic structure and details you need to know to lead an aerial yoga class. In Session 1 we’ll cover a variety of postures and the Flying Lotus™ vinyasa sequence, learning along the way how to stay safe in the hammock and discovering how to manipulate the fabric. By the time you reach savasana, you will have fully embodied the practice and had the chance to observe how first time students react to some of the core postures of the practice.
In Session 2 we will dive into how to teach a basic aerial yoga class. We will review the postures covered in Session 1, taking the discussion deeper into terminology, cues, and assisting students in the hammocks. We’ll talk about how to set up the classroom, how to manage students in the flight environment, and how to mitigate risks associated with the hammocks. These two sessions of Aerial Basics begin your journey into the JOY of Flight!
For more information on the JOY of Yoga Flight School program, see the overview page.
- Saturday, July 29th | 5pm – 7pm (Session 1: Embodying the Practice)
- Sunday, July 30th | 1:15 – 4:15pm (Session 2: Teaching the Basics)
- Pre-payment: $975 (See the overview page above for more info)
- Pay-as-you-go: $200
- We apologize, but we do not offer refunds on trainings.
- Please email email@example.com to enroll.
Yoga Alliance Breakdown
If you can’t make this date, future modules will be held on the following dates:
- Sunday, October 8th | 2pm – 4pm (Session 1: Embodying the Practice)
- Saturday, October 28th | 1:30 – 4:30pm (Session 2: Teaching the Basics)