The aerial hammock can do more than take you through an acrobatic workout. At its heart, it is a prop that can be used to enhance and further your yoga practice. In Session 1 we will explore how the aerial hammock can provide assistance to help us feel familiar poses as we never have before. We’ll carry these sensations back to the mat with us to see how it can change the mat practice. From utilizing the pressure of the fabric to help us release tension in our joints to discovering how the support of the fabric can help us explore asanas that we might not normally access, you’ll leave this workshop with new ideas to incorporate into your regular practice and maybe even find a new love for aerial yoga.
In Session 2 we will dive into the details of how to teach the postures covered in the workshop and how you can expand upon these postures, discovering your own twists on using the hammock as a prop. Then we’ll put what we’ve learned into practice, teaching each other a variety of asanas with our own personal twist.
For more information on the JOY of Yoga Flight School program, see the overview page.
- Friday, November 17 | 6:30 – 8:30 pm (Session 1: Embodying the Practice)
- Sunday, November 19 | 1:15 – 4:15 pm (Session 2: Teaching the Practice)
- Pre-payment: $975 — Module will be covered with your pre-payment. (See the overview page above for more info)
- Pay-as-you-go: $200
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll.
Yoga Alliance Breakdown
- Techniques, Training, and Practice: 2
- Teaching Methodology: 2
- Practicum: 1
- Non-Contact Hours
- Techniques, Training, and Practice: 1
- Total: 6 hours (5 contact hours, 1 non-contact hour)
We apologize, but we do not offer refunds on trainings.