Our hips, centered in the body, connect the upper body to the lower with the muscles and fascia that run through the joints. Issues that arise here can affect the entire body, so keeping our hips agile with the ability to move through their full range of motion is important to our overall well-being. In Session 1 we will utilize the aerial hammock to move through a number of poses that take us through the full range of motion of the hips, exploring how the pressure and support of the hammock can assist us in poses both familiar and new, discovering all of the ways we can stretch and strengthen this central point of the body.
In Session 2 we will dive into the details of how to teach these postures while keeping students safe, discuss the questions that might arise with this set of postures, and put what we’ve learned into practice, teaching each other the key postures and vinyasas.
For more information on the JOY of Yoga Flight School program, see the overview page.
- Sunday, June 4 | 2 – 4 pm (Session 1: Embodying the Practice)
- Saturday, June 24 | 1:30 – 4:30 pm (Session 2: Teaching the Practice)
- Pre-payment: $975 — Module will be covered with your pre-payment. (See the overview page above for more info)
- Pay-as-you-go: $200
- Please email email@example.com to enroll.
Yoga Alliance Breakdown
- Techniques, Training, and Practice: 2
- Teaching Methodology: 2
- Practicum: 1
- Non-Contact Hours
- Techniques, Training, and Practice: 1
- Total: 6 hours (5 contact hours, 1 non-contact hour)
We apologize, but we do not offer refunds on trainings.