In the low series we’ll take the hammock close to the ground, utilizing its pressure to gently coax open the body. In Session 1, we will embody the practice. The focus will be to move gently through the full range of motion in the body’s joints and spine, discovering the role of the breath in helping us release further. We will also explore a few strengthening asanas to enhance our body’s ability to come deeper into a restorative state so as we move into restful, restorative asanas, you are fully primed to sink deeper into the connection of your mind, body, and breath.
In Session 2 we will dive into the details of how to teach the postures covered in the workshop and explore the wide variety of yoga techniques you can bring into the classroom to enhance this gentle practice. Then we’ll put what we’ve learned into practice, teaching each other key postures and incorporating our favorite gentle and restorative techniques to make the practice our own.
For more information on the JOY of Yoga Flight School program, see the overview page.
- Saturday, December 9 | 1 – 3 pm (Session 1: Embodying the Practice)
- Sunday, December 10 | 1:15 – 4:15 pm (Session 2: Teaching the Practice)
- Pre-payment: $975 — Module will be covered with your pre-payment. (See the overview page above for more info)
- Pay-as-you-go: $200
- Please email email@example.com to enroll.
Yoga Alliance Breakdown
- Techniques, Training, and Practice: 2
- Teaching Methodology: 2
- Practicum: 1
- Non-Contact Hours
- Techniques, Training, and Practice: 1
- Total: 6 hours (5 contact hours, 1 non-contact hour)
We apologize, but we do not offer refunds on trainings.