Backbends permeate the asana practice. From updog and cobra in sun salutations to ever deeper backbends such as camel, wheel, and bow, extending the spine and stretching the front body has the ability to energize and reinvigorate us physically and emotionally. In Session 1 we will explore how strength, breath, and a little trust can help you move further into your backbends, whether you view them as a weak point of your practice or a strong one. The gentle support the hammock provides will help you build the strength and discover the softening that leads you deeper into your backbending practice.
In Session 2 we will dive into the details of how to teach backbending postures while keeping students safe, discuss the emotions that might arise with this set of postures, and put what we’ve learned into practice, teaching each other the key postures and vinyasas.
For more information on the JOY of Yoga Flight School program, see the overview page.
- Saturday, August 19 | 1 – 3 pm (Session 1: Embodying the Practice)
- Sunday, August 27 | 1:15 – 4:15 pm (Session 2: Teaching the Practice)
- Pre-payment: $975 — Module will be covered with your pre-payment. (See the overview page above for more info)
- Pay-as-you-go: $200
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll.
Yoga Alliance Breakdown
- Techniques, Training, and Practice: 2
- Teaching Methodology: 2
- Practicum: 1
- Non-Contact Hours
- Techniques, Training, and Practice: 1
- Total: 6 hours (5 contact hours, 1 non-contact hour)
We apologize, but we do not offer refunds on trainings.