The sequence of the poses in the class is the most powerful tool the yoga teacher has to make a yoga class to be memorable. During this training we will cover these topics:
- Themes, sub-themes and peak poses
- Correct structure of a yoga class
- Practical exercises and discussions
Adjustments, assistances, support, are all ways the yoga teacher helps the student feel the asana deeper. A well timed adjustment allows the student to feel how a pose should feel, imprinting their muscle memory and serving as a stepping stone into a better practice. During this part of the training we will cover:
- Adjusting principles (how, when, to whom, when to and when not to)
- How to modify an adjustment based on the level of the student
- Hands on practice for tens of poses (hundreds if time permits)
Sequencing and adjustments are tools available to teacher but at the end of the day all that matters is how much love you are able to pour into your class. Throughout the training we will explain ways to make your class inclusive, personal, motivational, meaningful, inspirational… We will discuss topics like:
- The overarching goal of a yoga class
- Tools to connect with your audience
- Tools to help your students improve their practice
- Monday, April 10th – Wednesday, April 12th | 8:30am – 5:30pm (each day)
- 8:30am-10:00am: YOGA CLASS
— Morning yoga class with Carmen to set the theme for the day
- 10:00am-12:00pm: SEQUENCING MODULE
— Sequencing theory, covering themes and class structure.
— Exercises and discussion on sequencing best practices by theme.
- 12:00pm-12:30pm: BREAK
- 12:30pm-5:30pm: ADJUSTMENTS MODULE
— Hands on adjustments for all the poses in the morning class.
— We will discuss adjusting principles, what students to engage, how to modify the adjustment depending on the student’s ability, timing, body position, engagement and delivery.
— We will continually switch partners to practice with different body types and learn about the differences.
- $560 (Regular Price)
- $485 (Members/ Early Bird through March 3rd)
- $650 (This training + Carmen’s Weekend Workshops)
Yoga Alliance Breakdown
Techniques, Training, and Practice: 8
Teaching Methodology: 8
We apologize, but we do not offer refunds on workshops.
To enroll, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.